Changing your flight the day of departure is one of the many exceptional customer services that Alaska Airlines is renowned for giving. With Alaska Airlines, changing your flight on the same day is simple, whether you need to do so because of unforeseen circumstances or you just want to rearrange your travel plans.
Same-Day Flight Changes with Alaska Airlines
First or main class fares
Customers with main and first class fares are eligible for free adjustments as long as the flight is not leaving that day.
You must pay the difference between your original flight and the new flight you choose when you alter your flight. You’ll get a refund if the new flight is less expensive than the first one.
Policy for same-day changes
You often have to pay $25 to $50 for same-day modifications, but you won’t be charged the difference in fare. Only same-day adjustments are permitted during the check-in period, and you must submit your request before the scheduled departure time of your original flight. The origin, destination, through, and connecting cities must remain the same, and your new preferred flight must depart on the same day of the week as your original itinerary.
Those holding refundable tickets are exempt from the same-day change cost. Moreover, it is waived for passengers going on the same reservation and MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan members.
How to Change a Flight on Alaska?
The first thing to do when you want to change an Alaska flight is to determine what type of fare you have. If it’s a Saver fare, you’re out of luck — Saver fares aren’t eligible for changes. However, if it’s within 24 hours of booking, you can cancel a Saver fare for a full refund.
Remember that changes are free if you have a main or first class fare. You will only be responsible for paying the difference in fares. Log in to your account and go to the “Upcoming Trips” section to identify the flight you want to alter. then, after choosing “Change Reservation”:
- Choose the person or passengers for whom you want to make adjustments.
- Choose “Modify this trip” in step two.
- Choose the “Change Flight” tab from the “Departing Flights” section.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the sort of service you want.
- First class or the lowest main:
- Main or first-class refunds:
- Mileage: MVP, MVP Gold, and 75K MVP Gold:
- Gold Guest MVP
- At the bottom of the page, press the “Continue” button.
- Choose a different flight. Any fare discrepancy or credit owed will be indicated to the right.
- Go to the checkout to complete your adjustment (s).
How can i make flight changes online or over the phone?
Often, changing a flight online is simpler. You can alter your flight online if:
- You bought your ticket directly from Alaska Airlines; • None of the flights on the reservation have had any passengers check in.
- Neither government nor Savings fares are included of your reservation.
- Your reservation doesn’t belong to a bigger group booking and/or has no more than seven guests.
- There are no more than eight flight segments in your reservation.
- You have not made a reservation for a Mileage Plan award ticket on Cathay Pacific or LATAM.
- You did not request any special services, such as pet accommodations, while making your appointment.
You can alter your reservation over the phone if online updates are not permitted. You should dial 1-888-354-0246.