WestJet Airlines Flight Change Policy: In this article we will guide you with how you can change flight with WestJet Airlines. No matter if you have economy ticket or business class ticket, you can change your reservation without paying a cost for a flight change for up to 24 hours after the time of purchase. Just follow our instruction given below:
For support with WestJet airlines flight change policy please give us a call at +1 (888) 354-0246
Changing a Flight with WestJet Airlines
There are a few choices you may make if you need to make changes to your WestJet Airlines trip. The steps to changing your flight with WestJet Airlines are listed below:
You are able to make changes to your WestJet flight over the phone, as well as rebook your flight ticket or upgrade to business class while dealing directly with customer service. Additionally, you have the option of requesting a discount on the upgrading to the business class.
- By phone +1 (888) 354-0246
- Online through Manage trips
(if you booked your ticket directly through WestJet)
If you need instructions to the WestJet service desk or kiosk after landing at the airport, search for signage or speak with airport personnel. When you arrive, you’ll need to show the WestJet employees your booking details and identification. They’ll be able to access your reservation and help you make any adjustments that are required.
If your flight has to be changed, it is usually a good idea to get to the airport early. You will have enough time to communicate with WestJet personnel and make the required arrangements after this. Additionally, don’t be afraid to ask for help from the airport workers if you have any queries or worries regarding altering your trip.
If you have the WestJet Airlines mobile app, you may also modify your flight information there. To make changes to your reservation, just open the app, go to the “Manage Trips” area, and follow the instructions.
To change your flight date, flight time, and/or flight destination online:
- Open official Site of WestJet.com
- Click on Manage trips
The following dropdown box will show up:
- Now select Manage flights
The page below will show up:
- Access your trip by entering:
- Your reservation code
- Your last name
- Click the Search button
Your flight details will appear on your screen
- Follow the prompts to:
- Select your flight
- Change your flight time/date/destination
- Pay the fare difference (if any)
Your replacement ticket will be sent to the email address you specified when making your reservation.
To request the modifications, you must get in touch with the company directly if you purchased your ticket via a third party, such as a travel agent.
WestJet Flight Modification Rules
- Rules of WestJet Regarding Modifications to Flights Affected by Travel Advice
- In the event that a travel alert for dangerous weather, airport shutdown, or disease outbreak interferes with your travel plans, WestJet will waive the flight change charge until regular operations are resumed and provide you with the following options:
- You may alter your flight dates to or from the same location without incurring additional fees (although ban dates can apply).
- Alter your flight dates with or without altering your destination.
- If your new location is close to your original destination, you won’t be required to pay the fee difference (Vancouver instead of Abbotsford).
- If your new location is distant from your original destination, you will be responsible for the fare difference.
- The refund policies for your fare type will be in effect if your new fare is less expensive.
- Cancel your flight and receive a refund per the applicable refund rules for your fare type.
- WestJet 24-Hour Flight Change Policy
You can change your flight booking within 24 hours for no fee
Cost For WestJet Flight Modification
Depending on your price class, route, and the timing of the changes, you may pay additional costs or face a penalty for making a flight modification (more than 60 days or less than 60 days before departure).
- You can make changes to any flight ticket within 24 hours of purchase without being charged a flight change fee, as long as your flight’s departure time (at the time of purchase) is at least 24 hours later.
- There is no flight change fee for the following fares, but the difference in fares will apply:
- PremiumFlex and BusinessFlex fares—all routes.
- Econo Flex fares—within Canada.
- Up to two hours prior to departure, you can modify all prices (apart from Basic rates), subject to the corresponding flight change fee/penalty.
- Your flight will be considered a no-show and the whole cost (less any applicable taxes or fees) will be lost if you don’t amend or cancel it before take off.