WestJet Airlines Name Change Policy: WestJet is a budget airline that operates out of Canada. According to Flight-Report, this airline is one of the top three low-cost airlines in the world. The airline has a rating of 7.1 out of 10 on average among frequent passengers. If you have booked your flight ticket with WestJet Airlines and want make some name changes/correction then here we have given all the details for westjet name change policy.
WestJet Airlines Name Change Rules: Your Guide to Making Changes to Your Ticket
According to the relevant rules, WestJet enables deserving customers to make necessary name changes in the PNR. Without experiencing any difficulties, you may get ahead with a flexible process to accomplish the identical goal. These are some key details concerning the policy that you should consider:
- Customers may change an incorrect name on a ticket under WestJet Airlines’ name change policy..
- Customers may make name changes with the carrier up to two hours before departure.
- All fare categories, excluding the base fare, are eligible for this service.
- If you make changes within 24 hours after making your reservation, the insurance is free to use.
- Further, only minor changes (up to 3 characters) are permissible.
- To change their name, a WestJet traveller can do so using either online or offline platforms.
WesJet Name Correction Policy
WestJet Name Correction Policy: Your name must exactly match your true name (as it appears on your valid legal ID, such as a passport or driver’s license) according to the WestJet name correction policy. You might not be permitted to board your plane for security reasons if the name on your ticket does not match your current legal name.
If you can confirm the inaccuracy by producing your genuine government-issued identification, some airlines might be willing to accept typos and minor spelling errors, but it’s not worth the risk. Nonetheless, significant name changes—due to marriage, divorce, a change in one’s official name, etc.—must be taken care of before leaving.
Cost to Change WestJet Name
- If a passenger requests a name correction within 24 hours of booking a ticket that departs at least 24 hours later, the name change is free. Nevertheless, name changes done after the 24-hour period will incur a cost (except for Basic fare tickets, which cannot be changed after the 24-hour window).
- Up to 24 hours before to the group’s departure, name correction are free of charge. Nevertheless, there is a name change cost of CAD/USD 75-86.25 per name change if you are changing the name of your entire group less than 24 hours before departure.
For support with flight name change please give us a call at +1 (888) 354-0246
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Change Your Name on WestJet Airlines
Does the name on the WestJet Airlines ticket really need to be modified? Here’s something you must be aware of. This section outlines many valid ways you can submit a name change request. So without further ado, let’s look.
- The first step in using the digital technique is to go to the official website, westjet.com.
- The ‘My Bookings’ tab in the top menu may be found on the homepage. Choose “Manage Flights” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, input the required information—the reservation code and last name as they appear on the ticket—into the provided fields.
- Once you click the “Search” button, the list of reservations will appear on the next page.
- To make the necessary modifications, choose the pertinent booking.
- Before submitting the application, double-check the updated information.
- If you are eligible, you will next need to pay the service cost.
- Lastly, WestJet Airlines will mail or SMS you the revised ticket information.
You can call WestJet’s customer service team if you need to change your name on a reservation. Please note that you may not be able to change your name, and there may be fees.
To change a passenger’s name, you’ll need to give the ticket reference number, the passenger’s name as it’s listed on the booking, and the new name you want to use. You might also need to show proof, like a marriage license or visa, to back up the new name.
WestJet’s customer service team will be able to tell you about any fees and the next steps to take to change your name.