United Airlines Flight Change Policy: One of the biggest airlines in the country is United Airlines, so there’s a high possibility you’ll find yourself booked on a trip with them at some time in the future, particularly if you reside close to one of their hubs. Yet travel arrangements might alter unexpectedly. If you’re traveling with a United ticket, there are no longer any change costs for normal Economy (excluding Basic Economy), Economy Plus, United First, United Business, and United Premium Plus tickets.
Understanding United Airlines Flight Change Policy
The 24-hour flight change and cancellation policies of United Airlines are identical. If you bought your ticket seven days or more before departure, you may alter your bookings without paying a cost for up to 24 hours after the initial booking. Except for Basic Economy, all tickets are subject to this regulation.
- Within 24 hours of purchase, all United Airlines tickets (including those for Basic Economy) may be canceled for a full refund.
- If your flight is inside the United States or if it is an international flight departing from the United States, there will be no change cost (even for award tickets).
- All Economy (apart from Basic) and Premium Cabin tickets fall under this.
- But, if your replacement ticket is more expensive, you must pay the charge difference.
- Other tickets that may be changed without paying a price include:
- Tickets in the Basic Economy issued by April 30, 2021.
- International tickets in Standard Economy and Prestige Cabins issued by January 31, 2022.
- For domestic flights for USD 49.50 (one-way) and USD 99, Basic Economy tickets may now be canceled in return for a travel credit to be used in the future (round-trip).
- On international flights for USD 199 and USD 99.50, respectively (round-trip).
Fee For Flight Changes With United Airlines
In case of cancellation, the following cancellation fees will apply and you will get a flight credit for a later trip: USD 49.50 for each domestic flight, one-way A one-way international flight costs USD 99.50
Change Fee for Basic Economy Tickets
You are not permitted to modify a Basic Economy ticket under United Airlines’ modification policy, not even within the allotted 24-hour period. The best course of action would be to purchase a new ticket after canceling within 24 hours (for free).
Instead, you may choose to cancel your reservation and get a flight credit in exchange for paying the following cancellation fees: US$49.50 for one-way domestic flights; US$99.50 for one-way international flights.
How to Change a Flight with United Airlines Online?
By Phone (+1-888-354-0246) or online, you may make changes to your United Airlines flight (time, date, or destination). If you buy your ticket straight from United, you may make modifications online.
The techniques outlined here may be used to modify your flight’s date, time, and/or destination online.
- Visit United.com first
- Click My travels in the booking box’s top pane.
- Enter your confirmation number and last name to access your trip.
- Decide which itinerary you wish to control.
- Click Change flight, and then click Edit to:
- Adjust the date or time of your trip
- Modify your location
- Include a flight
- Take away a flight
- Choose Continue to pick a different flight.
- Complete your reservation to confirm your updated itinerary (even if the change fee shows up as waived, any difference in fare will apply)
A confirmation email for the altered flight will be sent to you.