Not every Alaska Airlines flight is eligible for cancellation and refund. Saver tickets, which have many restrictions but are inexpensive, may only be cancelled during the first 24 hours of purchase and only if you purchased your ticket at least 24 hours before departure.
For tickets that are nonrefundable, you won’t receive your money back; instead, you’ll receive a credit for future travel. Other price categories allow you to alter or cancel your flight with specific limits.
The cost of cancelling an Alaska Airlines flight varies, if you’re thinking. It is free for a refundable flight. Beginning 24 hours after booking, you cannot have the cash price of most other flights except for Saver prices reimbursed, but you can obtain a credit for a future journey.
Fees can range from $25 to $50 for modifications made within the check-in window (from the time check-in opens until the flight takes off).
How to cancel your flight with Alaska Airlines
You can amend your travel plans without incurring change costs or cancel your flights within 24 hours of booking for a full refund.
A vacation can be difficult to plan, and difficulties often appear out of the blue. With Alaska Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy, you have the freedom to change your travel plans no matter what kind of shocks life throws your way.
How do i cancel Alaska Flight online?
Simply go to alaskaair.com. manage reservation page to cancel or change your flights online.
- Choose My Trips after logging into your account on Alaska’s site.
- Choose Cancel after choosing the trip you want to cancel. On this screen, you may also alter your ticket.
- You will be prompted to confirm your cancellation of your reservation on the next screen. Your reservation will be formally cancelled once you click Confirm, and you’ll get a confirmation email with your ticket number and any money left over after any possible cancellation costs.
- Call 888-354-0246 if you’d prefer a customer service representative to take you through the cancellation process.
Here’s what you should know if your plans change during the first 24 hours after buying your tickets:
- If you need to change* your flights, you may do so once without incurring any change costs;
- If you need to cancel your flights, you will get refund** for the cost of your unused tickets.
Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation After 24 hours
Only tickets purchased for travel beginning more than 24 hours from the time of purchase are subject to the 24-hour cancellation policy.
Our regular alteration and cancellation policy is in effect as soon as tickets are issued for those purchased less than 24 hours before the scheduled departure.